Absolutely delighted to say that I have been nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award posted by Margaret at Bleach House Library which provides a great opportunity to not only extend my thanks to her for this, but also to share my thoughts on the highly enjoyable world of book blogging, and to nominate in turn some of my other favourite blogs.
Since embarking on my blog two years ago, I have not only be lucky enough to ‘virtually’ meet many other terrific book bloggers and authors, but also, through their interesting and enlightening posts discover many new books and genres that I was previously unaware of. I love the differing opinions and reactions that the same book can hold for different people, and the passion and commitment with which we all spend our time reading and reviewing. I am always aghast at some people’s incredible output of reviews, and with the fluency and eloquence that that they write their reviews. I love the well-constructed criticism or praise that these reviews bring, and the sense of awareness that what we say can be so influential on our reader’s choice as to whether they will read the book or not. I think we will all agree that blogging is a commitment and a time consuming affair, but the joy of discovering a great new book, and being able to share this with many other readers is a worthwhile and enjoyable occupation to have. I derive tremendous pleasure, punctuated by frustration through my reading and my blog, and would not give it up for the world. It’s been a great ride so far…
So with no further ado and in the spirit of this award here are the seven things you may not know about me. Be afraid. And the 15 blogs, among the many, that I find inspiring…
1. My real name isn’t Raven- ha! Always had a liking for the twisted world of Poe, and I like ravens…
2. I have broken my right arm twice. Once by falling off a table and once by falling off a chair. And no, I wasn’t drunk.
3. I’m left-handed, and in the light of number 2 this is a good thing.
4. I was expelled from the Brownies for disruptive behaviour. Always a rebel.
5. I once had a 15 minute conversation with Lou Reed without realising who he was.
6. My good opinion once lost, is lost forever. I’m sure someone has said this before. 😉
7. I know how to dispose of a dead body without getting caught…
15 Inspiring Blogs
Here’s what you should do if you have been nominated :
Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
List the rules and display the award.
Share seven facts about yourself.
Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
Optional: display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.